Monday, November 16, 2009

Mai zinda hu

Ok, the last time I posted something here was the time when Shah Jahan was approving the budget for the Taj or maybe when Noah was building his arc to save the humanity. But I have only sheer lethargy and my lazy bum attitude to blame for this absence.

Countless things happened during this time. Bangalore lost the IPL 2.0 final, Congress got re-elected at the centre, I relaxed at home for a fortnight, India had a disastrous T20, celebrated the silver jubilee of my life, met some new friends, lost touch with a few old ones, made plans for a new business venture then forgot everything about it, lost a very close relative and of course stole some more stationary from the office.

Overall, it has been a pretty smooth and a straight forward journey in the last 6 months except for few minor hiccups here n there. What brings me back to this blog site is the last week. One, a friend who used to read this blog regularly literally threatened to show me Himesh Reshammiya's 'Karzzzzzz' and 'Aap ka suroor' back to back unless I posted something. I also had an opportunity to have a very close and dear friend of mine in Bangalore. Abhijeet came here for some official work and hence could stay at my place for 4 days. Our friendship dates back to our school days some 10 years ago and as opposed to a common fate that most school friendships see, our bond of friendship kept on growing stronger and stronger by the day. Seeing each other grow from the then school pranksters to the matured and responsible guys that we are today (OK! Not so matured) has been a journey in itself. And the best part is, next month he takes the next and the most important step in his life. I wish him a wonderful life ahead.

Now coming back to me :). I completed 2 years with my current employer on the 15th of this month (apparently the same day when Sachin completed his 20 years in International Cricket) and that made me think “Sahi yaar! 2 saal tik gaya. Ab kya?”. Given my history especially the education related part of it, sometimes even I wonder that how in the world have I survived here! Basically, I am not a technologically motivated person and am least bothered about understanding how a blackberry can be connected to a computer or for that matter to dishwasher using just Java (ugggggh!). I have seen people around me trying different things one after the other. Sometimes the reason is frustration and sometimes it is the sense of adventure. For me, I am neither frustrated with what I am doing (not that I adore it), nor I have courage to take the plunge in an unknown territory altogether. I can therefore conclude that exactly 1 year later, I’ll be saying “Sahi yaar! 3 saal tik gaya. Ab kya?” And as far as people say that one should be driving one’s life, all I can say is “(Yawwwn!) Yeah that’s true. I’ll think about it (Yawwwn!)”

Anyway, ab time pass band karta hu. Wishes to Ankit, Harsh, Juhi, Siddhi, Amardeep, Himanshu and Abhijeet for their marriages in this order respectively. With so many friends getting married in a period of 1 month, I suddenly feel like dancing on the street on the tunes of “Aaj mere yaar ki shaadi hai” played by "The New Darbar Band".

Adios Amigos!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love dis.....gud job buddy.....so no more Himesh Reshamiya 4u...lol..!!!
as alwaz a wonderful writing....

Saurabh said...

Hi dude,
Just read your bolg and found it humouros, funny, amused but very simple and interesting.......

B regular on your blog... :)

BABA..u r great..